1. Gas Gangrene of the Brain. 1959 American Journal of
2. Tuberculosis of the Breast. 1960 American Journal of Surgery.
3. Wringer Injuries of the Upper Extremity. 1962 Bulletin of the Florida Medical
4. Inguinal Hernia Repair. Southern Medical Journal July 1979.
5. Overnight Hernia Repair: Updated Considerations. Southern Medical Journal
6. Prosthetic Adjuncts to Groin Hernia Repair. Contemporary Surgery, March 1988.
7. An Anatomical/Functional Classification for the Diagnosis and Treatment of
Inguinal Hernia. American Journal of Surgery, March 1989.
8. Hernia Repair in the Aged and Infirmed. Journal of the Florida Medical
Association, November 1988.
9. Scientific Study - University of Miami - Intra-abdominal Reaction to
10. Maingots Abdominal Operations. Section on Hernias. pp. 217-245, 1989.
11. Some New Twists to One of Most Common Procedures in US General Surgery. JAMA
December 15, 1989 Vol 262, No. 23, pp. 3248-9.
12. Symposium Moderator - Hernia repair: An Update. Contemporary Surgery, March
1990. vol. 36, No. 3, pp. 76-92.
13. Inguinal Hernia Repair: Biomaterials and Sutureless Repair. Perspectives in
General Surgery. Quality Medical Publishing. St. Louis, MO 1991, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp.
14. Accepted for publication - Symposium Moderator - Hernia Update. Contemporary
Surgery - expected publication 1991.
15. Sutureless Repair of Inguinal Hernia. The American Journal of Surgery, March
1992. Vol. 163, pp. 331-335.
16. Bilateral Sliding Inguinal Hernias. Postgraduate General Surgery, 1992, Vol. 4
No. 2: pp. 114-116.
17. Infection in Inguinal Hernia Repair Considering Biomaterials and Antibiotics, S
G & O, August 1993, Vol. 177, pp. 126-130.
18. Medical/Legal Aspects of Hernia Surgery - Personal Risk Management. Surgical
Clinics of North America, June 1993, Vol. 73, Vol 3, pp. 583-593.
19. Inguinal Hernia: Advances or Controversies. Arregui & Nagan, Radcliffe
Medical Press, 1994.
20. Hernia: Nyhus & Condon. J. B. Lippincott, 1995.
21. Prostheses and Abdominal Wall Hernias: Bendavid. R. G. Landes, 1995.
22. Recurrent Inguinal Hernia. Current Surgical Therapy, Fifth Edition
Mosby/Yearbook Inc. 1995 pp. 487-490.
23. Day of Surgery for Inguinal Hernia. International Surgery, Vol 80. No. 1, pp.
4-8, January-March, 1995. Edizioni Minerva Medica-Torino.
24. Technique of Sutureless Repair of Inguinal Hernia - chapter in Modern Hernia
Repair, 1996 edition, Skandalakis et al, pp. 192-203, Parthenon Publishing Group, Pearl
25. Technical and Scientific Objections to Laparoscopic Herniorrhaphy. Presented at
Shouldice Hospital June 16, 1995, to be published in Problems in Surgery.
26. Sutureless Technique: Second Version, Canadian Journal of Surgery,
Vol.40, No 3, June, 1997
27. Infected Grafts of Incisional Hernioplasties, HERNIA: Journal
of Hernias and Abdominal Wall Surgery, Vol. 1, No. 2, July, 1997
28. Hernia of the Abdominal Wall, Chapter 9C, (The Gilbert
Operation) Hernias and Surgery of the Abdominal Wall, Edited by J. P. Chevrel,
Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 1998, pp. 210-214
29. Hernias: Traditional Approach, Chapter 23, Ambulatory
Surgery, Bruce Schrimer, MD and David Rattner, MD, W. B. Saunders Company, 1998, pp.
30. Communication Letter to the Editor, Journal of
the American College of Surgeons, 1997 Clinical Congress Issue.
31. Letter to the Editor re: Long-Term Complications Associated
with Prosthetic Repair of Incisional Hernias, Archives of Surgery, accepted for
32. Letter to the Editor "Problems Associated with
Prosthetic Repair of Incisional Hernias" Archives of Surgery, October, 1998, Vol 133,
No. 10, pp. 1137